All factual information regarding Legionella found on this page is brought to you by the CDC.
Legionnaires’ disease is a severe form of pneumonia typically caused by the bacterium, Legionella.
The disease can be contracted from breathing small droplets of water in the air containing Legionella. Older adults, smokers, and people with weakened immune systems are particularly susceptible to Legionnaires’ disease.
The Legiolert® Test can be used for Legionella Testing as a part of a CMS-required water management plan to reduce the risk of growth and spread of this bacteria.
Where Is Legionella Commonly Found?
- Hot tubs & whirlpools not drained between uses
- Grocery store mist machines
- Cooling towers in air conditioning systems
- Decorative fountains
- CPAP machines
- Shower heads and stagnant plumbing
- Water systems in hotels, hospitals and nursing homes
- Ice Machines
- Legionella can cause Legionnaires’ disease or Pontiac fever, collectively known as legionellosis.
- Scientists named the bacterium after a pneumonia outbreak in Philadelphia at an American Legion convention in 1976.
- Legionnaires’ disease is FATAL for approximately 1 in 10 people who contract it.
- Except for rare circumstances, people do not spread Legionnaires’s disease to other people.
Benefits To The Legiolert Test:
- This form of Legionella Testing detects Legionella pneumophila when traditional culture methods do not
- 7-Day confirmed results means facilities can respond quickly & efficiently
- 99% reproducibility removes uncertainty. No re-testing before taking action
- Detects and quantifies the dangerous pathogen
Request Pricing Or Schedule Legionella Testing For Your Business
Contact U.S. Water by selecting one of the options below:
**Use U.S. Water’s Legionella Testing for the CMS + ASHRAE requirement to reduce Legionella risk.