Sampling Procedure for Metals Testing
Requires A Metals Testing Bottle
- Locate an indoor sample tap that does not leak.
- Let the water run for several minutes.
- Fill the bottle leaving 1″ of space between water & cap.
- Metals samples can be stored at room temperature until they arrive at our laboratory.
- Special Instructions for Lead & Copper
- If you suspect lead solder, lead pipes, or are uncertain about the possible lead (copper) source, the testing should be a “first draw” sample – one taken from a drinking faucet after water has not been run for 6 hours or more (EPA).
- If you suspect a new submersible pump, lead service line, connection, lead well screen, paccking collar, or checking the well as the source, follow Steps 1-4 above.