Legionnaires’ disease is a severe form of pneumonia typically caused by the bacterium, Legionella, which has also been linked to Pontiac Fever.
The disease can be contracted from breathing small droplets of water in the air containing Legionella. Older adults, smokers, and people with weakened immune systems are particularly susceptible to Legionnaires’ disease.
The Legiolert® Test can be used for environmental testing as a part of a CMS-required water management plan to reduce the risk of growth and spread of this bacteria.
Where is it commonly found?
- Hot tubs & whirlpools not drained between uses
- Grocery store mist machines
- Cooling towers in air conditioning systems
- Decorative fountains
- CPAP machines
- Shower heads and stagnant plumbing
- Water systems in hotels, hospitals and nursing homes
- Ice Machines
Legionnaires’ disease is FATAL for 1 in 20 people who contract it.
What Does The Testing Cost?
Only $125 + Tax
Use U.S. Water for the CMS + ASHRAE requirement to reduce Legionella risk.
Benefits to the Legiolert® Test:
- Detects Legionella pneumophila when traditional culture methods do not
- 7-Day confirmed results means facilities can respond quickly & efficiently
- 99% reproducibility removes uncertainty. No retesting before taking action
- Detects and quantifies the dangerous pathogen